Arizona currently serves over 14,000 children in our Foster Care System. With, on average, 1 child being removed from their home every 40 minutes in the state of Arizona. Reasons for removal vary from homelessness, abuse, neglect, and the lack of basic resources to care for the family.
Our Vision with our Thrive Foster Care Reunification Program is to help reunify families whose children have been in part of the Foster Care System due to the lack of basic needs and resources. Working in cooperation with Arizona Department of Child Safety caseworkers and Community social workers, we connect our clients with community partners to help us provide the basic needs required by the Arizona Department of Child Safety. Some of those basic needs include providing brand new beds, pillows, blankets, clothing, personal care products, appliances, and furniture. Our goal is to support families in the reunification process to build stability and create HOPE for a positive future.
2018 Reunifications at Thrive AZ:
• 60 families were reunified
• 169 children moved from the Foster Care System back to their biological families
• 32 families were single parent homes
Thrive serves families in need of a loving and supportive community to assist with reunification. Each family at Thrive AZ is engaged in an individualized case management designed to promote hope and self-sufficiency needed to break the the cycle of poverty.
• An Open Case with the Department of Child Safety
• Reunification must be happening with biological parent(s)
• Ability to give information regarding reunification date and personal contact information
To assist our families in overcoming their obstacles and meeting their goals, Thrive provides the following resources to our families at no charge:
• A brand new bed, sheets, pillows, and blanket
• Other furniture, household, and hygiene items
• Support and encouragement through the reunification process
• Referrals to community agencies/programs