Arizona currently serves over 14,000 children in our Foster Care System. With, on average, 1 child being removed from their home every 40 minutes in the state of Arizona. Reasons for removal vary from homelessness, abuse, neglect and the lack of basic resources to care for the family.
Our Vision with our Thrive Foster Care Prevention Program is to help prevent children from being removed from their families due to the lack of basic needs and resources. Working in cooperation with Arizona Department of Child Safety caseworkers and Community social workers we connect our clients with community partners to help us provide the basic needs required by the Arizona Department of Child Safety.
Some of those basic needs include providing brand new beds, pillows, blankets, clothing, personal care products, appliances and furniture.
Our goal is to support families in the prevention process to build stability and create HOPE for a positive future.
2018 Preventions at Thrive AZ:
• 51 families received prevention services
• 127 children were prevented from entering the Foster Care System
Thrive serves families in need of a loving and supportive community to assist with prevention. Each family at Thrive AZ is engaged in an individualized case management designed to promote hope and self-sufficiency needed to break the the cycle of poverty.
• An Open Case with the Department of Child Safety
• Ability to give information regarding reunification date and personal contact information
To assist our families in overcoming their obstacles and meeting their goals, Thrive provides the following resources to our families at no charge:
• A brand new bed, sheets, pillows, and blanket
• Other furniture, household, and hygiene items
• Support and encouragement through the prevention process
• Referrals to community agencies/programs